An associate in the firm’s Insurance Coverage, Insurance Defense and Insurance Fraud practices, Celesta Campbell understands insurance law from several perspectives.
After law school, Celesta spent 14 years working for the City of Detroit, where her final assignment was defending the City in no-fault and personal injury lawsuits. During her tenure with the City, she also served as a prosecutor handling misdemeanor complaints and as a Freedom of Information Act attorney handling requests received by the City.
Celesta next took her insurance knowledge to serve as a staff attorney for Liberty Mutual Insurance Company. There, she was responsible for defending the company and its insureds in first-party, third-party and premises liability lawsuits. She developed defense strategies and conducted expert depositions as well as motion hearings, case evaluations, settlement conferences and trials. Celesta also gives back to the legal community by sitting as a case evaluator with the Wayne County Mediation Tribunal.
Outside the office, Celesta is an avid gardener and one day hopes to write the proverbial Great American Novel.
- Detroit College of Law,
Juris Doctor, 1997
- Clinical Law Program
- Western Michigan University,
Master’s Degree in Public Administration, 1989
- Michigan State University,
Bachelor of Science in Packaging Engineering, 1976
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan
Master Lawyers, Insurance and Indemnity Law, and Negligence Law Sections
- “Just Compensation: the Art of Winning,” Right of Way (IRWA Magazine), January/February 2018
- “The Nuts and Bolts of Drafting Easements: Writing Easements that can Withstand the Rigors of Eminent Domain,” Right of Way (IRWA Magazine), November/December 2017
Volunteer, Charitable & Community Organizations
- Charter Member, Michigan State University College of Social Science Consortium on Female Leadership
- Host Committee, City Year Detroit – Women’s Leadership Breakfast
Honors and Awards
- Federal Bar Association Edward H. Rakow Scholarship