Janetta Ksar is a litigator’s litigator and uses her impressive advocacy talents and skills in the defense of insurance claims and disputes.
Janetta’s litigation success is the result of preparation, persuasion, and tenacity. She gets satisfaction from working through issues and facts, educating judges, mediators, juries, and opposing counsel about the strengths and weaknesses of a case, and convincing them of the merits of her arguments and her client’s position. Janetta likes to be right, and is relentless in persuading those who disagree with her.
Perhaps what distinguishes Janetta the most is her intuition and how she studies the judges (and their staffs) who preside over her cases, learning their preferences, dislikes, and idiosyncrasies to gain an extra advantage. As one former colleague told her, no one understands the dynamics of a courtroom like Janetta.
After earning her undergraduate degree, cum laude, from the University of Michigan and her Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Michigan State University College of Law, Janetta joined a boutique securities litigation firm in New York, handling discovery and motion practice in consumer price fixing cases across the country. She returned to Michigan to join a boutique litigation firm, where she represented mortgage servicers and banks, and was later instrumental in opening and expanding the Detroit office of a Grand Rapids insurance defense firm. Janetta joined Zausmer in 2016.
Janetta is a seasoned traveler, but closer to home, she explores and frequents the many new and exciting restaurants in our city.
- Michigan State University College of Law,
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2008
- Director, Moot Court Trial Advocacy Program
- University of Michigan,
Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Media Studies, cum laude, 2003
- Member, University of Michigan Debate
- Volunteer Tutor, Sweetland Writing Center
- Volunteer, Mott Children’s Hospital
- Team Leader, UM Dance Marathon
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- State Bar of Michigan
Insurance & Indemnity Law, Litigation, and Young Lawyers Sections
- American Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
Volunteer & Charity
- Volunteer, Big Brothers Big Sisters
- “Social Media Evidence: Legally Admissible Evidence, Preservation, Authentication and Data Collection” – IASIU Michigan Chapter, October, 2018
- “The Shelton Situation: Can Common Law Fraud Be Asserted Against Third Parties?” – Insurance Alliance of Michigan Seminar, September 2018
- “How to get your Social Media, Electronic and Text Evidence Admitted” – National Business Institute, October, 2017
- “Condominium Claims and Premises Disputes” Insurance Alliance of Michigan, September, 2017