Nicholas Swider is an associate in the firm’s Business and Commercial Litigation group and Employment and Labor group.
Nick’s varied litigation practice also includes municipality and school law. He tailors his strategy to best serve each of his clients’ unique needs, using all possible resources at his disposal.
Before coming to Zausmer, Nick was an associate for a large personal injury firm, where he handled various matters involving the Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act, general liability and negligence, premises liability, intentional torts, automobile negligence, class actions, and mass torts. He was involved in every aspect of the litigation process from counseling new clients to trial preparation. Nick also previously worked at a defense firm specializing in criminal defense, family law, and personal injury, where he managed a large docket of cases involving alcohol and drug-related misdemeanor and felony offenses, assaultive crimes, high asset-divorce, property division, complex child custody, and personal injury and general negligence matters.
- State of Michigan
Michigan State University College of Law
Juris Doctor, 2019
- Geoffrey Fieger Trial Practice Institute Certification in Trial Advocacy
University of Michigan
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Economics, Philosophy, and Crime and Justice, 2016
- State Bar of Michigan
- Michigan Bar Association, LGBTQA Law Section
- Oakland County Bar Association, New Lawyers Section
- Michigan Association of Justice
In the Community
- Delta Sigma Phi National Honor Fraternity, Regional Deputy Commissioner and Chapter Advisor, Ann Arbor, MI
- Susan G. Komen Detroit Race for the Cure, Executive Committee Member
- St. Kenneth’s Catholic Church, Pianist and Vocal Music Minister