A member of the firm’s Insurance Defense group, Nicole Gettler is a proven investigator, handling a large docket of first-party no-fault, third-party automobile negligence, and fraud cases. She also represents the Michigan Automobile Insurance Placement Facility (MAIPF), advising it on eligibility and priority coverage issues.
Before joining Zausmer, Nicole worked at a large Detroit litigation firm, where she defended health care providers against malpractice claims, handling all aspects of discovery including depositions, motion practice, and medical record and document review. Looking for greater exposure to the courtroom, she then moved to a smaller firm, which allowed her to add no-fault and property insurance defense, as well as family law, estate planning, and general civil litigation, to her repertoire.
Nicole earned dual bachelor’s degrees, magna cum laude, in English and Psychology from the State University of New York at Buffalo, where she was initially drawn to a career in journalism while serving on the staff of the student newspaper. After graduation, she was a reporter for a group of newspapers in Western New York. Her investigative work ultimately prompted her to change course and pursue her legal career.
- State of Michigan
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School
Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 2012
State University of New York at Buffalo
Bachelor of Arts in English and Psychology, magna cum laude, 2007
- Editor and Staff Reporter, The Spectrum
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Renaissance Scholar
- State Bar of Michigan
- Young Lawyers Section
- Women’s Lawyers Association of Michigan, WBA Oakland Region, Board Member (Various Titles)
In the Community
- Animal Rescue Supporter
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers – Ones to Watch – 2023
- Top Women Attorneys in Michigan – 2022
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly’s Up & Coming Lawyers Class of 2022
- Super Lawyers Rising Star – 2019, 2020 and 2022