With diligence and an ability to bring forth the hard truths when needed, Jason Osbourn approaches each case with an open mind and eagerness to resolve ambiguities.
Before coming to Zausmer, Jason worked at an insurance defense boutique firm, where he primarily worked in no-fault litigation. Jason quickly developed a reputation as an adept and persuasive writer after obtaining highly favorable results from numerous pleadings he drafted. These included a motion for summary dismissal of tort claims brought against his clients for assault and battery, conspiracy, and negligence which was granted after the Court agreed that there was no genuine issue of material fact that Jason’s clients were protected from such claims on the grounds of self-defense. In another action in which the Plaintiff claimed entitlement to PIP benefits valued at more than $150,000, he achieved a case evaluation award of just $937.
- State of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Michigan State University College of Law
Juris Doctor, 2015
- Member, Michigan State University Housing Clinic
Northern Michigan University
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, 2009
- Student Government Representative
- The Evidentiary Value of ‘Wet’ Marijuana: Throwing the Buds Out with the Bathwater
Michigan Bar Journal, May 2019
Honors & Awards
- Michigan State University College of Law, Jurisprudence Achievement Award, 2013