According to recent reports, fraud perpetrated against insurance companies amounts to tens of billions of dollars each year, using complex schemes and conspiracies that involve multiple individuals including medical doctors, chiropractors, physical therapy facilities, and transportation companies.
One such report showed that auto insurance fraud in particular, including vehicle theft crimes, has risen dramatically, along with the number of people who believe cheating their automobile insurer is acceptable behavior.
The attorneys at Zausmer have decades of experience investigating and prosecuting insurance fraud cases. We work with our insurance company clients’ Special Investigative Units (SIUs) to tackle the overwhelming increase in fraud that affects first- and third-party claims. Our aggressive efforts pay off – we have successfully obtained dismissals of insurance claims after exposing fraud during discovery and even at trial; in one matter, the plaintiff perjured herself during cross-examination, prompting the judge to dismiss the case outright.
We are involved in every aspect of insurance fraud investigation and litigation, including:
- Providing legal opinions on issues related to coverage, order of priority, material misrepresentation, interpretation of policy language, and recoupment of monies paid prior to detection of fraud
- Conducting examinations under oath
- Pursuing declaratory actions on issues of coverage, misrepresentation, rescission, and order of priority
- Defending insurance companies in first-party and third-party actions at trial and on appeal
- Presenting on fraud issues and investigations to insurance company clients, industry groups, and other organizations
Our commitment to our clients goes beyond business as usual. We are truly passionate about exposing the fraud, lies, and deceit that are intended to swindle insurance companies, policyholders, and the public.