Jonathan Freshour’s tenacity and love of the law help him to shape policy and create meaningful change as an Associate in our Appellate group.
He excels in appellate work and draws upon his strong background in legal research, writing, and analysis of complex cases to tailor a strategy to best serve his clients.
Before coming to Zausmer, Jonathan began his legal career clerking for Judge Jennie Barkey at the Genesee County Probate Court. He then transitioned to the Prehearing Division at the Michigan Court of Appeals. Jonathan later served as a law clerk for Judge Karen Fort Hood at the Michigan Court of Appeals. In total, he gained over four years of appellate experience. In addition to authoring hundreds of prehearing reports for the judges of the Michigan Court of Appeals, Jonathan has also authored numerous published and unpublished opinions, concurrences, and dissents.Read More +
- State of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
University of Detroit Mercy Law School
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2016
- Teaching Assistant, Applied Legal Theory and Analysis
- Senior Editor, Law Review
- Senior Member, Moot Court
- Frank S. Sengstock Award for Excellence in Legal Writing
- Four Law School Book Awards, including Contracts and Anatomy of a Business Transaction
University of Michigan
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, with Honors, 2013
- Teaching Assistant and Volunteer Coordinator, Project Outreach
- State Bar of Michigan
- Appellate, LGBTQA, and Young Lawyers Sections
- The Creationist Strategy: the First Amendment, Evolution, and the Disestablishment of Biblical Literalism.
93 U. Det. L. Rev. 491 (2016)