The mission of St. Christine Christian Services is simple – “To help meet daily needs of some of the most vulnerable in the Brightmoor community of Detroit, assisting everyone with deep respect and dignity.”
With only two paid part-time staff, this is a herculean effort, made possible only through the contribution of thousands of volunteer hours and financial support. That time and money go to:
- Hot lunches twice a week in the soup kitchen
- Weekly delivery of bags of groceries to those living within St. Christine’s boundaries
- Morning coffee and donuts, and an opportunity to sit and talk with neighbors while taking shelter from the weather
- Use of computers for email, job searches, and personal business
- Meeting emergency needs with assistance from St. Vincent de Paul workers
- Periodic healthcare such as flu shots, blood pressure screenings, and dental care
- Growing fresh produce in a garden outside the center
On April 29th, the attorneys and staff at Zausmer went “Casual for a Cause” to support the St. Christine Christian Services Soup Kitchen. We especially wish to acknowledge paralegal René Pass who regularly volunteers at the Soup Kitchen.
To learn more about the important work that St. Christine Christian Services does and how you can help, please visit the website.