The impact of Alzheimer’s is widespread, affecting countless families and individuals, including Zausmer paralegal Monica Hibdon and her sister, clerical assistant Terri Gola, whose mother passed away earlier this year.
In her honor, the firm went “casual for a cause” on October 15th to raise funds in support of the Alzheimer’s Association’s important work – with Monica matching dollar-for-dollar a portion of the collective donations with her own contribution.
The Alzheimer’s Association works on a global, national, and local level to enhance care, advance research, and advocate for broader awareness of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Among its many valuable efforts and services, the organization:
- Has a professionally staffed 24/7 Helpline that offers information and advice to more than 300,000 callers each year and provides translation services in more than 200 languages.
- Provides caregivers and families with comprehensive online resources and information through the Alzheimer’s and Dementia Caregiver Center.
- Helps people find clinical studies through the Alzheimer’s Association TrialMatch®.
- Holds an annual Alzheimer’s Association International Conference®, the world’s largest conference of its kind, to bring researchers together to report on groundbreaking studies.
- Develops policy resources to educate decision makers and elected officials on the economic and emotional toll that Alzheimer’s takes on families and the nation.
Every other Friday, Zausmer goes “Casual for a Cause,” allowing attorneys and employees to dress down in exchange for a donation to a designated charity. A different charity is selected each time – if you have a suggestion for a worthy cause, please let us know!