Heidi Hudson has a varied litigation practice that includes labor and employment law, school law, and insurance defense and fraud claims, representing clients in state and federal trial and appellate courts as well as before government administrative agencies such as the Michigan Department of Civil Rights and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Cases are won and lost on the facts, and Heidi is a meticulous investigator, digging deep into each matter so that she can properly assess the merits, formulate an appropriate strategy, and effectively advise her clients about likely outcomes as early in the proceedings as possible. She is driven to obtain the best possible results in even the most untenable situations.
Heidi’s representation of public and private school clients demonstrates both the depth and breadth of her practice. On any given day, she’s contending with employee terminations and wrongful discharge allegations, student and faculty disciplinary actions, personal injury and sexual abuse claims, and civil rights violations.
- State of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Ohio Northern University
Juris Doctor, 1980
University of Illinois
Bachelor of Arts in English, 1977
- State Bar of Michigan
- Labor & Employment, Negligence Law, and Master Lawyers Sections
- Case Evaluator, Oakland County Circuit Court
- Employment Practice Pitfalls
Michigan Townships Association Annual Educational Conference, January 2012
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers (Michigan) – 2011 to present
- Top Rated Lawyer in Labor and Employment Law (Martindale Hubbell)
- AV Preeminent Lawyer – Peer Review Rating of 5.0 out of 5.0 (Martindale Hubbell)
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly’s Hall of Fame Class of 2022