Melanie Camara unites unparalleled expertise in insurance defense with a client-centric approach.
A seasoned professional in insurance defense, she’s steered over 100 trials to successful outcomes while maintaining a laser focus on her clients’ objectives. A key member of Zausmer’s insurance defense team, Melanie Camara leverages her extensive experience and unshakeable confidence to defend negligence and first-party PIP claims. In her legal practice, she deciphers the intricacies of each case to formulate successful strategies aligned with her clients’ objectives.
A veteran of the legal landscape, Melanie boasts over 30 years of experience in insurance defense. She navigates complex trials with strategic acumen, amplified by an exceptional commitment to direct and transparent communication.
- State of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
LLM, Intellectual Property, 2008
Michigan State University College of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1986
Bachelor of Science, Business Management, magna cum laude, 1982
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association
Honors & Awards
- America’s Top 100 Lawyers – 2017 – 2021
- Lawyers of Distinction – 2013 – present
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators – 2018 – 2021
- AV Preeminent Lawyer Peer – Review Rating of 5.0 out of 5.0 (Martindale-Hubbell)